Need New Siding?
Get Up To 4 Free Quotes from Local Pros
Replacing your siding is a big decision
with many options, costs, & materials to consider. Use the siding calculator
below to estimate siding costs per square foot and get a quick overall estimate.
This estimator will give you a price range with 3 figures; low, industry average, and a high estimate
. Costs will vary depending on many factors including, material, windows and door frames, changing existing systems such as outdoor plumbing or HVAC etc, taxes, or permit/inspection fees.
Remember that this is just a rough figure ...
How to calculate house siding costs accurately
Measuring the total square footage is by far the best thing you can do to get a proper estimate. Cost per square foot is a main factor
when determining overall cost by a contractor. Also, don't overlook the complexity of the house structure, a single story small home could cost
just as much as a large 2 story home, if there are very complex angles and variance on the exterior siding. The more windows, doors, & complex variance in the structure
the more measuring & cutting driving up labor & material costs.
Notes on calculating the cost per square foot for siding. The above calculator is just an online estimation tool, and should not be taken
as a firm price. We work with ranges to give a general pricing structure given the above criteria.
The cost of siding estimate includes:
- The cost of the siding material as well as the transportation to the residential home
- Labor for removal of any existing siding as well as preparation of the house for installation
- Actual installation of the siding, finishing, & clean up.
The above estimation tool does not include:
- Changing of damaged wood/walling under old siding
- Quality of siding material or variance of thickness
- Soffit and fascia installation around the trim
- Quality of moulding around windows/doors
- Taxes, permits, & fees for the materials and project
- Changing any outside systems to accommodate siding installation such as HVAC, electrical, or outside plumbing